G’day and welcome to Kinglake Ranges News, the Kinglake Ranges and districts first and only online independent news and information service.
From The Mountains to Melbourne, It’s Your Local News.
Our official launch date still is July 1, but we’ve opened Kinglake Ranges News to the public early to ensure you don’t miss this weeks’ Kinglake footy news and photos.
Kinglake Ranges News endeavors to cover as much news as possible though it will simply not always be possible for myself alone to cover everything across the shire simultaneously.
Kinglake Ranges News will:
- Accept submissions, community news, pictures from the community;
- Offer a ‘right of reply’ and/or seek comment when required;
- Maintain a calendar of community events, meetings etc (coming soon);
- Accept feedback, comments, criticisms and suggestions from the community;
- Work hard to bring you local news as soon as it’s practically possible;
- Allow all not-for-profit community groups across the Kinglake Ranges 100% free use of text, images, photographs and news reports from Kinglake Ranges News for their own purposes, publications or websites;
- Allow all not-for-profit community groups across the Kinglake Ranges to publish their news, events and information free of charge;
- Be following the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) “Declaration on the Principles on the conduct of Journalists” in our reporting and news gathering;
- Publishing corrections and amending articles whenever an error occurs.
There may be delays between stories happening and them being published as images are processed, rights of reply sought with reports being edited and checked before publication.
Kinglake Ranges News bringing local news reporting into the 21st century.
Please Note: Some aspects of the website may not yet be functioning properly or as intended. Please bear with us as we put the finishing touches to Kinglake Ranges News.